A guide to embed the Global Dimension for outstanding teaching
The Global Teacher Award website is a resource for teachers who want to develop global learning within their curriculum.
The GTA course is based around 6 identified Learning Outcomes, which are explored at 3 levels.
- Have increased their ability to critique the knowledge base and key concepts associated with Global Learning and how to recognise and measure progress in embedding GL across the whole school.
- Have increased confidence and understanding of how to promote informed, active global citizenship.
- Be able to identify a range of different perspectives and question the assumptions behind them.
- Have enhanced their understanding of the approaches to learning which promote critical thinking and critical literacy.
- Have developed practical ideas for incorporating new insights gained into their personal lives and work-related roles and be able to influence colleagues and justify incorporating global learning in the curriculum.
- Understand how to use activities to measure changes in attitudes of their pupils in relation to certain global issues.
“Helped me to think critically, ask more questions, be open-minded”
“Absolutely brilliant, loads of ideas and
activities…. I was engaged as a grown-up but also used the same activities in the classroom”
“Useful for self-reflection, I rarely get a chance to do this as a teacher”
“Would love if this had been a core module during my PDE. One of the most enjoyable and inspiring things I have done this year”